Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Can you recommend any items that are sold on Amazon that I…

Can you recommend any items...
Can you recommend any items that are sold on Amazon that I could use in my minivan to play video and audio content which is streamed from my cell phone?At home I use my phone and Chromecast to play content on to my TV's.I would like to be able to do the same in the car for my small children while we are driving.But I have not found anything that allows me to cast my phone to a small LCD screen in the car.Thank You.
1/17/2018
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Whats stopping you from getting a small LCD screen of your choice that has an HDMI input and use a chromecast there as well? Then you would keep the device that you are already familiar with. I guess you would need to either throw a router in your car or use your phone as a router for this option but no setup is going to be perfect in a car.

I thought about that, but I wasnt sure how to connect to the chromecast and have my phone's internet access at the same time. When my phone connects to Chromecast in my house they are both on the same WiFi network which is connected to the internet. Do you know of a different set-up for chromecast that I could use in the car and have my phone's internet access?

Have a look at THIS thread. It will point you in the right direction. Everybodys phone/plan/etc is different so you may need to modify his setup to fit your needs but its definitely a good start.

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner