Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Need to know what is the best type and weight oil and how…

Need to know what...

Need to know what is the best type and weight oil and how many quarts are needed

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yes, I also wanted to know what kind of antifreeze should the car use?

1/16/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you tell me what you're working on, please? Need the year, make and model, please.

1995 Jaquar XJ6

Your XJ6 calls for 8.5 quarts of engine oil and the factory specs call for any good brand of 10W 30 oil. The correct coolant is your standard conventional Green coolant added at a 50/50 mixture.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician