Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

It's reading code p1750. P1750 I did not try to reset

Hello. It's reading code...

Hello. It's reading code p1750

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P1750 I did not try to reset because I had the same issue less than a year ago and I reset it and it's happening again

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2002 Acura TL type-s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything it just happened yesterday. I was thinking about replacing the ECM

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

But I don't know exactly what the code is.

1/16/2018
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

The P1750 code indicates a hydraulic issue with the transmission internally, do you feel the transmission slip or anything abnormal?

I noticed it down shifting hard and my D5 light is out
It's barely moving when giving it gas but moves in reverse
Ate you still here

Unfortunately, the transmission has failed. It is a common issue & Acura actually extended the warranty to 7 years 100k

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7k7qnzbzxy1yln/acura.pdf?dl=0

Yours will be out of warranty, but it is a known issue. You will need to replace the transmission or rebuild it.

Yes, I was gathering more information for you.

Ok. Thank you

Please take a moment to leave me a rating so I can receive credit for the question, it would mean so much to me :). We can still continue even after rating.

Mike, Auto Mechanic
Very satisfied