Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Battery in my 2007 lexus gs350 was disconnected and now I…

Hello, battery in my...

Hello, battery in my 2007 lexus gs350 was disconnected and now I have a problem with ac controller unit. navigation map display and radio works but all buttons around are dead and no response. all fuses check and are good. is this anything that could restart the unit?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

I checked all

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just disconnect a battery. I checked all fuses using power probe meter. tried to take off and put on some fuses related to ac and gauges in 2 bay compartment fuse box and inside a vehicle - driver and passenger side. I tried to disconect the battery once again for 3-4 minutes, connect it, wait 3-4 minutes, start the vehicle - still nothing. radio works, navigation display just side and bottom buttons no responsive. everything worked before battery disconnection

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is everything

1/15/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

disconnecting the battery is a hard reboot of all components.

if the buttons have not come back to life you can try disconnecting for a longer period, but my suspicion would be that the unit is faulty if no fuses are blown

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

the battery had been disconnected only from negative side as spark plugs were replaced, vehicle was not turn on and everything was working earlier. Could be different problem as I read that some guys replace unit and it is not solve the problem?

no it is typically the unit itself that is the cause. Please do not forget to click a positive rating

Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert