Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My Acura shows the door open on my dash and it keeps

My Acura shows the...

My Acura shows the door open on my dash and it keeps draining the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2003tl

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Acura?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I took it to my shop and they said it was a fuse or sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I just need advise before I take it to the dealer

1/15/2018
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. I would be happy to assist you with this.

This is a fairly common problem, and is usually the result of a bad door latch actuator. If the actuator fails then the computer always thinks the door is open, which will cause lights to come on and drain the battery. The actuator is most likely the part that the dealer will end up replacing for you, and they will be able to scan it there and see exactly which door it is.

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

Ok thank you do you know in a ballpark figure how much it will cast

You are very welcome. I cannot say for sure what it is going to cost since a lot of shops have different labor rates, but based on experience I would say it will be in the range of around $350

Thank you

You're welcome :)

I would appreciate it if you could leave me a positive rating, as that is how I am compensated for my time here, thank you!

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician