Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I have a 2016 CRV. On Friday I pulled out of my town home…

I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 CRV. On Friday I pulled out of my town home and when to turn and my brakes didn't work. I could not stop the car from going about 3 miles an hour. So I crashed into my neighbors garage door and side.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?

3,900

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's at the body shop to fix the damage of my car. But they will be looking at the whole brake system. Also, I did look down to make sure I was pressing the brake and I was, but it wouldn't stop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I am not to happy and considered about the car. Thank goodness I wasn't on the road.

1/15/2018
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If nothing was under the brake pedal or anything there must be something stuck in the brakes. Possibly one of the calipers has formed some rust that is stopping it from moving or something. With the low miles on it I assume it sits a lot and doesnt get driven often. All they can really do is check it over thoroughly and find whatever was physically stopping the brakes from moving. This isnt a known issue or anything of that nature.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Don
Don, ASE Certified Technician

hi there should be under warrenty for the brakes and check to see if there is any recall on that model

just adding input is all have a great day

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner