Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

The engine start button is frozen in place and wont toggle…

The engine start button...

The engine start button is frozen in place and wont toggle so I cant start the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No all perfect

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

Its only the button the bike is new

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your motorcycle?

Ural 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

I sprayed wd40 around the button

Its the small black button with the lightning on it. I cannot press it to the right.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/15/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

do you park it outside or in garage , has it been really cold ?

have you tried Hot water instead WD 40 ,in case we have frozen water inside

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hi Chad. I was able to bring the bike indoors and warm it up for a while. That along with wd40 did the job. All good now. Thanks

Awesome news man

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat