Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

1999 Acura 3.2tl cooling fans not working. Relay and fuse…

1999 Acura 3.2tl cooling fans...
1999 Acura 3.2tl cooling fans not working. Relay and fuse are good. Put power to fans and they are good.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/14/2018
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that your fans are not working and that you have inspected the fan relays. When you turn the air conditioning on, does the condenser fan turn on?

Is the condenser fan one of the ones on the radiator? Or are both those cooling fans

Yes, the condenser fan is one on the radiator. Try turning on the a/c and checking to see if one of the fans come on.

Both fans kick on and of when a/c is on
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, different expert here. My name is***** you still need help with this? I will need your vin number in order to look up the wiring diagram for the system.

I do need help and vin. Number is *****

Ok, locate radiator fan switch A referencing the diagram below. disconnect the switch and install a jumper from the green wire to the black wire in the connector. Turn the key on and see if both fans turn on.

Let me know what happens.

I don't see a plug with green and black wire. This is a 2000 or 2001 motor in this card does that change things?

This sensor is located near the throttle body.

Ok I put jumper in and yes both fans come on

Ok, then either that switch is bad or the engine thermostat is bad.

Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician