Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

My 2005 Honda civic lx starts but the dash instruments does…

My 2005 Honda civic...

My 2005 Honda civic lx starts but the dash instruments does not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes and is ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i'm and I do not know what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It happened when I was connecting the rear view camera

1/14/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

have you checked anything yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

the only thing it could be other than a failed instrument cluster is a blown fuse, so you should check fuses and if none are blown, a new cluster will likely need to be installed. It should be fuse 10 in the cabin fuse box but be sure to review your own fuse info to be sure .

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I forgot to mencione the gear is stuck on parking
again check fuses and unhook the battery for an hour. if no fuses are blown then there are component failures that will require parts replacement. As the question has been answered please kindly click on a positive rating
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert
Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert