Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Voltage output is 14.9 and 15 volts also the cluster acts…

Voltage output is 14.9...

Voltage output is 14.9 and 15 volts also the cluster acts like your turning the key on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Park drive neutral some times it only dose it a couple times but it did it about 20 times lastnight

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Dodge?

2003 dodge 3500 5.9

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet trying to figure out if I need to send the bcm and ecm in for repair

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

1/13/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

it sounds like your alternator is overcharging - I would replace it, there is no reason to suspect a bcm or ec issue.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

isn't the output voltage controlled by the regulator in the ecm

when it is over charging, it is usually the alternator that is at fault. Please do not forget to click a positive rating

Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert