Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

4wd serv light on etc light on check engine light on. Also…

4wd serv light on...

4wd serv light on etc light on check engine light on . Also when I gorsy

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

First pullled out seemed like only rwd engaged

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

Temp gauge all the way om

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jeep?

Cold like it was broke . Turned Jeep off and back on and temp was 3/4 to hot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turned off and Jeep wouldn’t start for almost an hour

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Has done this 4 times since yesterday

1/13/2018
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

Good afternoon have you checked the trouble codes stored in the system??

I plan on doing that tomorrow . When it first starting doing this no trouble lights were on . Not until today did the lights come on.I’ve looked at several possible fixes that I am also going to try tomorrow

Did all the lights come on all at once ??I also need to know what year your vehicle is and model Jeep

It’s intermittent and seems to only do it after engine running for some time
2008 Jeep Liberty. At first just the 4wd serv , then the etc and then check engine.
I’m pretty mechanically Inclined and have basic u derstandjng of electrical
Lights stay on no flashing (thank god) I’ve had that issue before and it was major mechanical failure of valves and injectors

Ok does it seem like the vehicle is physically overheating ?

Seems cool as a
Cucumber. No steam. Hood very cool.
Before it would seem like a miss or rough running going up a big hill on interstate. Almost a blimp as far at time goes . Less than a secondThis evening when lights came on it ran rough the entire 4-5 miles test driving it on regular road. Well it was intermittent but many times te blimps happened and at a greater frequency

Ok just making sure the vehicle is not overheating , the most common issue that will cause the 4wd service light to come on and the etc light is faulty abs wheel speed sensor , now regarding the check engine light sine you stated that it felt like a mis which is the most common to trigger the check engine light you more then likely need new spark plugs they are very common to have fracture cracks on the porcelain and cause the misfire . i hope this helps . You will need to check the faults in the abs and ecm to make sure this is your issue . Please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

tech0405
tech0405, Technician
Sure will . What would be the chance of contacting you tomorrow around this time ?
I’m pretty sure the recall of
The final drive module has been updated. Known issue too
Cause theee things also . I had bought the Jeep last year from stAte surplus and know they maintain cars well and do all the recalls
Started Jeep just now and no lights on. I bet I will drive it down the road for 30 minutes or so and it will do it again.Also I’m going to crack fuses , transfer case wiring
check fuses