Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2011 kizashi GTS fwd ,It's idling slow &almost stalls @

2011 kizashi GTS fwd...

2011 kizashi GTS fwd ,It's idling slow &almost stalls @ stops, scanner shows P0102 & P0113

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

Yes ck. engine light is on, almost stalls when stopping, after engine warmed up, its ok when cold, runs smooth while driving cold or warmed up

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Kizashi yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, it has only 77k miles on it, I changed the plugs,cleaned all intake components, replaced filter w/ a K&N... my scanner showed P0102 for quite a while, I live in a dusty desert so I blow out the intake box & filter often, erase The

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I erase the dct and all is good for weeks then it happens again, but now the slow idle problem & now P0102 & P0113 are coming up

1/13/2018
Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The P0102 and P0113 codes relate to something going on inside the Mass Air Flow sensor (commonly referred to as the "MAF"). Specifically, the P0102 code is appearing because there is a MAF code, and, more importantly, the P0113 indicates a problem with the air temperature sensor inside the MAF. Assuming that the wire connections are good and tight, a replacement of the MAF might be needed. The best way to check the MAF is via a scan tool that can show exactly what the MAF is reading while the engine is running. Sometimes, cleaing the MAF is all that is needed, but, to be sure, you need to get the output date examined by a scan tool. If you have any questions, please reply. Please do take a moment to confirm that you have received my input. Thanks!!!!

Classic Car Service
Thank you for your response, can I get the MAF reading using my cent-tech obdll/eobd+abs scanner? I don't know if it has that capability
I’m not sure about the Cent Tech capabilities. I have never used this unit. Worth a try though.
Thank you, ***** ***** try this tomorrow. How do I request you in the future, is there a code # or ? also, do you get paid from "just answer" since I'm paying for a monthly plan?
If you need me in the future, please put in the body of your question the following: This request is for the Just Answer expertCustomer
A positive rating is all I require from you. You can choose to award me a small monetary bonus if you choose. Thanks for choosing Just Answer. Have a great day.