Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I had new headlights installed on my son's 2008 250 IS

I had new headlights...

I had new headlights installed on my son's 2008 250 IS yesterday and this morning the warning light to check VSC was on

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?

I have not. I haven't been in the car in years until this week.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Lexus?

250 IS. AWD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had to drive it to work today b/c he has my car and I saw the light. I just got online to see what it meant. I haven't tried anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well I was just trying to find out if I need to take it in or if there is a reset, etc. Thanks.

1/12/2018
tech0405
tech0405, Technician
Good morning this light is related to vehicle stability control the headlights you installed should of not triggered the light the first thing you need to have done is use a capable scan tool to check the trouble codes in the system to see what has triggered a possible abs sensor is bad or something else many things can trigger this light. Checking the system for faults is the first step to take . I hope this helps. Please don’t forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you
tech0405
tech0405, Technician