Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Just spoke with u about a 2008volvo s40 with a rough idle…

Customer Question
Just spoke with u...

Just spoke with u about a 2008volvo s40 with a rough idle and paid the cost but I have not receive an email to reset the password ***** I can’t login

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

Rough

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your S40?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have already paid the deposit. Nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
1/12/2018
Auto Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hello - are any warning lights on?

None. I close the hood with the battery cover on top of the exhaust manifold. I have never had any issues with this car. Wonder if I screwed something when I close hood

was it positioned in such a way that it prevented the hood from closing and would have put a lot of force onto the manifold?

Think so
I think this is still the stock battery so I’ll be changing that cause now it won’t even turn over. Just clicking. Figures this happens when it minus 30

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

the clicking is a weak battery, for sure

as for the rough running, it is likely that an air leak has been created or perhaps a sensor or wiring disturbed. I would suggest having the exhaust system checked over and the live data monitored from the vehicle to see if all sensors are returning normal values or not as a next step

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.