Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a code p1457. Does that have to do with o2 sensor.

I have a code...

I have a code p1457. Does that have to do with o2 sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Well I have this problem with car it only happens in the evenings when the weather is 80 degrees or above outside my car will start up but then it cuts off and I have to wait 15 to 30 minutes and it will start again or someone can jump me off and It starts THANK you

1/12/2018
Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. A P1457 does not have anything to do with an oxygen sensor. A P1457 code is caused by a faulty solenoid that allows stored fuel vapor fumes in the charcoal canister (from the fuel tank) to be reburned on deceleration. This is an emission control code. If the vehicle has a faulty solenoid valve, the fuel fumes are getting inside the intake manifold (liken this to "flooding" from carburetor days). Most likely, you need a purge control solenoid valve replaced, as you are probably getting raw fuel fumes into the intake as the vehicle sits.

If you have any questions, please reply. Please do confirm that you have received my input. Thanks.

I got it. So this could have to do with my problem in the summer when it is 80 degrees or above when I crank the car it will start but then it cuts off and I have to watch 15 to 30 minutes and it will start again or someone can give me a jump and it will start

Indeed. The excess fumes are fouling the spark plugs.

No just text me will the information go to my email

My assistance only goes to this chat box. We are not permitted any email addresses. If you want to keep a copy of this conversation, just copy and paste the information to a Word document

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Did you get my last question . I didn't see an answer

What question was that?

What you said that code was could it be a problem I am having in the evenings it happens when it is 80 degrees or above. I get in my car start it up it starts but then cuts off and I have to wait from 15 to 30 minutes and it will start or someone can give me a jump and it will start

Yes. On higher temperature days, the fumes in the tank are forced into the canister (that is what it is designed for). Heat causes fuel evaporation. If the purge solenoid is bad, the fumes from the fuel are passed into the intake. This causes the spark plugs to foul out.

Ok thank you so much. I have been going though this for 3 years. My local Honda dealer put it on machine and didn't nothing come up. And theycouldn't tell me the problem. They would have to look at diffent things. So this is real what you are telling me. If it is thank you so much.

I would recommend a "smoke test" be performed. This is the absolute best way to determine solenoid valves that are bypassing.

You are very welcome. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

Thank you so much. Have a blessed night. Goodbye

Thank you. Please remember that a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

At the top of page. You got it. I am trying to write some of this down, or do I have to do it now

Copy and paste the conversation to a Word document or blank WordPad document. No rush. Take all the time you need.

I am on phone I don't know how to do that.

oh, ok. Sorry. I thought you were on a computer. Ok. Write it down.

Thank you so much.

You are so very welcome!

Classic Car Service