Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Will a broken passenger side exterior door handle on a 2004…

Customer Question
Will a broken passenger...

Will a broken passenger side exterior door handle on a 2004 Bentley continental cause check engine light to go on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on. Part of handle is missing

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Continental yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The small insert on the handle is missing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car
1/8/2018
Auto Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** a broken door handle will not cause the check engine light to come on. The check engine light will only come for emissions related problems. You will need to get the car connected to a factory level scan tool to read out the fault codes that are stored in the engine control module. Usually, the problem is a faulty sensor but there are many possibilities. The fault codes will point to the specific problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.