Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I I have a 2009 bentley arange and the seats work up and…

Customer Question
I I have a...

I I have a 2009 bentley arange and the seats work up and down but not forward or backward? New car for me Just trying to figure it out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Bentley?

Aranage R

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pushed all the obvious seat buttons and can not go front to back what am I missing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No good to go

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car
1/8/2018
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this both front seats that will not go forward or back at all with the seat buttons and do you have the button to move them forward and back?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

I don’t think so

O.k., you may have the manual seat forward/back set up.Some of the seats had electric buttons to raise up and down and tilt but still had the manual lever to move the seats forward or back.Look in front of the seat bottom cushions below the cushions to see if there is a lever that needs pulled or pushed to move the seats forward and back.Also look on the sides of the seat and see if you see a lever to push or pull to move the seats forward and back any.

If you do not have these levers let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete