Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

My ranger rover autobiography wont start. I removed the

Customer Question
My ranger rover autobiography...

My ranger rover autobiography wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes i removed the battery myself and got it checked

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Came back 100%

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

2011 Range Rover autobigraphy

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Car
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ranger Rover started then immediately turned off.. now wont start back up at all.. ( checked battery����) head it towed somwhere, said it was starter they called the warranty comoany and everything was good.. but found out his ACE License was expired or what not...so now its @ Land Rover Buckhead and these ppl are telling me igs the engine.. that it locked up.. they were telling me i needed a new battery at first and found out it wasnt connected after days of me telling them i connected it myself but loosely ..
1/9/2018
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It's very possible that there is a mechanical problem that is preventing the engine from turning. Usually if the engine is unable to turn you'll near the starter click a single time when turning the key to the crank position.

If you're unsure of the diagnosis then I would recommend either having the dealer show you that the engine is unable to turn with a socket on the crank damper bolt, or you could always have it towed somewhere else for another opinion.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician