Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2006 Maserati QP and the back sub and center

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Maserati QP and the back sub and center speakers don't work. I hear to rest the amp fuse but cannot find which fuse due to not having the Manuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

There is one under the hood, one on the driver side and one in the trunk, so far that's all I have found. Nothing is labeled or numbered. Fourms say rest F42, but with out guide no way of finding out.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Maserati?

Quattroporte

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Quattroporte yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, just bought it and trying to find out why the back sub does not work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about ti.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
1/8/2018
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually, the amp reset only works if no sound is working at all out of any speakers.Since some of the speakers do have sound this sounds like the sound amp itself has an internal electrical fault causing this issue here with it needing to be replaced.I have seen the sound amplifier fail in the past before causing this type of fault needing replaced.Either that or a speaker is shorting out causing sound issues to the other speakers.To determine if this is a speaker at fault each speaker needs disconnected one at a time ( the speakers that are not working ) to then see if the sound comes back when one is disconnected.If the sound comes back when one is disconnected then that speaker is the shorted speaker needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete