Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Do I have to pay first? Just connect me

Customer Question
Do I have to...

Do I have to pay first?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Nope just connect me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Auto Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 7 months ago
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

how can i help you?

My car tried to start and shut down immediately, what could be the problem?

year make and model?

2013 Sonata turbo Limited
My car was overheating. So the cylinder head was taken to machine shop to some work on it and I also realized that my exhaust cam sensor was burnt. After fixing it, the car tries to start and shut down immediately. Fuel pump is good, injectors are good. I even had to get another head with injectors and it does the same thing, tries to start and shut down. Changed cam sensors and the same problem what could be the problem?

does it crank?

it cranks

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

We will have to pinpoint what the engine is missing.SparkFuelCompression

All three of these are tested when the engine is being cranked over. There are two way of checking for fuel. Fuel pressure and fuel trigger. Both are very important and must be present for the car to start. Fuel pressure is self explanatory. You just hook up the gage and see what the reading is. Fuel trigger is check with a noid light. The injector gets unplugged and the noid light gets plugged in to the injector clip. With the engine cranking over, this light must blink. This is the signal to the injectors from the computer. You can have all the fuel pressure in the world, but it wont matter if the injector is not pulsing gas into the cylinder like it should! Compression tester, spark tester, fuel pressure gage and noid light are all accessible at your local auto store. All three tests play a very important part in diagnosing a no start conditionThank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

They have done all
They are even out of ideals as we speak

if it has compression spark and injector pulse it should run, one of the three must be missing

Someone said we should re-progamme the ECU as it can also do that

doubtfull did they check injector pulse?

it sends signal when cranking

im not sure thats the basic trouble shooting tree..your mechanic is missing something ill opt out maybe another tech has a better idea

Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are many possible causes for a no start condition and it's going to require some testing at the time the problem is happening to determine what is wrong. Something has been overlooked by the shop that has worked on it previously.

Have you checked for fault codes?

Are you hoping to do the required testing yourself?