Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a puegeot boxer 2.5 d. I have been traveling Europe…

Customer Question
I have a puegeot...

I have a puegeot boxer 2.5 d. I have been traveling Europe at approx 55 60 mph. When I the slow to a crawl, junction or round about, engine cuts out and the ignition light comes on, I then have trouble starting it again but seems to run really well. Help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Ignition and oil

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '55 Peugeot?

1999 2.5d non turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Am I talking to a robot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

I'd start by checking all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.

If OK then also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly

If its a variable vane turbo (they’ll be an actuator on the turbo body - but not a wastegate) then check its vacuum pipework as above and check the connections to the diaphragm / solenoid valve

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt