Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I driving my l200 on w journey and my engine light came on…

Customer Question
Hi I driving my...

Hi I driving my l200 on w long journey and my engine light came on and lost power driving it now seems to have more power but light still on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It just lost power in one go pulled over and restarted it and it's ok but light still on

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Journey?

59 l200 animal

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just checking oil and cooling the engine down

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
1/6/2018
Auto Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 7 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi .

This is a typical problem when the management system encounters a malfunction with one of the sensors

it sees this and puts you into limp mode .

What you have to do is get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes .these codes or code will help you identify the the problem that is causing you this .

Check engine light will stay on until the issue is rectified , each time you switch the ignition off it will reset if its a soft code and you will be able to drive normally until the management system sees the problem again .if the problem does not pop up the system will not go into limp mode .

If you can get me the code i can assist you with it if needed.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg