Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a Range Rover td42.2 Evoque 2011/2013

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Range Rover td42.2 Evoque 2011/2013 model.......does it have a timing chain or belt and when does it need replacing?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How responsive has your car been lately?

130,000 Kim’s it’s fine no noticeable problems

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Range Rover?

2011/2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

It has full genuine land rove4 service gistory

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have a a,be4 gearbox fault light on startup at present and wondering what that could be

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car
1/5/2018
Auto Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin this engine is fitted with a timing belt and chain .the belt is due for replacement at 144000 miles or 108 months ( whichever occurrs first ).the timing chain has no recommended interval and is supposed to last the life of engine

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all