Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I filled my 1999 isuzu Amigo 3.2 v-6 with gas yesterday, 20…

Customer Question
I filled my 1999...

I filled my 1999 isuzu Amigo 3.2 v-6 with gas yesterday, 20 mins later jump started a friends car. Shut off my Amigo now it wont start. I have disconnected reconnected negative terminal. opened gas cap to relieve pressure . . . I do not smell gas at engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Car turns over fine, No fire

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Amigo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

In the last month I have replaced, Battery, Alternator, serpentine belt, and crank sensor

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car
1/4/2018
Auto Mechanic: Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech replied 6 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you.

Your saying the engine cranks but does not start?

Have you checked for spark?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

i'm looking for possible causes, I can not talk on phone now. Car was running fine, filled with gas. Jumped another car . shut off Amigo now it will crank but not start

Got it! Thank you for that information.

You need to check for spark and fuel while cranking.

Also, check the fuses.

Once this is done, I can provide you with more accurate information.

Which fuses

I would check them all just to be sure.