Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2005 rang rover it will start but cuts off. Lights…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 rang rover it will start but cuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Lights will come on but I don't know if it the battery is fully charged.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Range rover HSE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing there are no indicator lights on. The head lights are working

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Auto Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 3 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

It sounds more to me like you are starving for gas. You should check the fuel pressure and volume with a gauge.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor