Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2007 suzuki XL7 it gets sluggish and hesitant at times when…

Customer Question
2007 suzuki XL7...

2007 suzuki XL7 it gets sluggish and hesitant at times when driven for some time it goes slow sometimes not at all for a moment even when your pressing hard on the gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Havent notice gas consumption but it starts up normal

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XL-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Was thinking of checking it myself thought of start by changing the gas filther but havent done so yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Needed the location of the filther

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car
1/2/2018
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What can cause this type of fault here is the fuel filter or the fuel pump.Both of these are one component connected together in the fuel tank assembly.The pump and filter are one piece.If the fuel pressure is dropping off when this issue occurs then the fuel pump assembly needs replaced and is usually most common with what you have described.Your fuel pressure should be between 55 and 60 psi.If it dips low when the issue occurs tested with a fuel pressure test gauge then the pump needs to be replaced.In some cases, you can rent a fuel pressure test gauge from a local parts store to do this testing.There should be a test port on the fuel injector rail on top of the engine or fuel feed line to the rail and the gauge will connect similar to this below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ur110andkmfgll2/fp-01-02.png?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete