Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

It's a 2010 3.8 genesis coupe track hyaundai and it has a…

Customer Question
It's a 2010 3.8...

It's a 2010 3.8 genesis coupe track hyaundai and it has a whining noise under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Genesis Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

We changed the tension pulley and tensioner, new belt and idler puller

Mechanic's Assistant: Which belt are you dealing with? And have you changed one before?

Only one belt v belt drive on the track coupe

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Car
1/1/2018
Auto Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 month ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, with the belt off start the engine and see if the noise is still there.

have you done this yet???

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, if it still does it after that then what
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please call me

payment failed notice. check with customer service

if the noise goes away then it is a component driver by the belt. alt, ac, tensioner, idler pulley or power steering

if the noise is still there it is in the timing area. water pump, pulley or other components.

it will at least narrow down the area to look for the failure

Roy

once the payment stuff goes through, then we can talk by phone

any update???

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest