Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My son in law has G M pickup lost power going home and

Customer Question
My son in law...

My son in law has G M pickup lost power going home and traction light comes on now waiting for a tow

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

The motor runs rough but is still running

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

G M C 15oo not sure of year about 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

He is just being helped on the road now nothing has been done

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Auto Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the computer system to see what the fault code and or codes are that should have sat when the traction light came on. If you can get this done and post back with them I can help you from there to determine the cause.