Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2004 licln navigator the battery tests ok the

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 licln navigator the battery tests ok the starter tests ok but it doesnt turn over at all

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

I thought it was the cable cleaned both terminal so clean you could eat off it no sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to the mechanics because i thought maybe the cable so i bought a new cable and it was a bigger job than i can do myself .. and the mechanic after taking apart the top piece try the car it turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I opened the fusr box since i thought maybe a fuse .. and had water come in on that side i pulled out a fuse it was good .. it was the temp which was out before this all happened

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
1/1/2018
Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So the mechanic cant get it to start?

are you there?