Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Let daughter start car n I left house without key n shut car…

Customer Question
Let daughter start car...

Let daughter start car n I left house without key n shut car off , now crying without a clue

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Can u walk me through starting without my smart key

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your smart?

2012 Range Rover sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just need to start without key fob cause it’s at home a hour away

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

In car needin to start some way

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
1/1/2018
Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

OK so without the fob there will be no way to start this vehicle its just that simple

Omg
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You opted out the person helping, preventing further communication.

The answer given was correct. There is not a way to operate the vehicle without the key present. A valid key transponder ID has to be seen to allow the engine to run. You will need to have the key at the vehicle to be able to restart the engine.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician