Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Where is drl fuse located on 2017 xt5. No that is what I am…

Customer Question
Where is drl fuse...

Where is drl fuse located on 2017 xt5

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

No that is what I am asking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XT5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to find either the fuse or wire to connect to for another light

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
12/30/2017
Auto Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The daytime running lights do not have a dedicated fuse, as they are controlled by the BCM. You said you want to connect another light. What type of light will this be and what is it's purpose for? Here, I am attaching the electrical diagram for the electrical circuits.

NOTE:

The daytime running lamps will illuminate continuously when the following conditions are met:The ignition is in the RUN or CRANK positionThe shift lever is out of the PARK position for vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions or the parking brake is released for vehicles with manual transmissionsThe low and high beam headlamps are OFFWith CE1The rain/ambient light sensor module is used to monitor outside lighting conditions. The rain/ambient light sensor module provides a serial data message to the BCM based on outside lighting conditions to determine if outside lighting conditions are correct for either daytime running lamps or automatic lamp control when the turn signal/multifunction switch is in the AUTO position. In daylight conditions the BCM will command the designated daytime running lamps ON. During low light conditions the BCM will command the low beam headlamps ON. Any function or condition that turns on the headlamps will cancel daytime running lamps operation.Without CE1

The ambient light sensor is used to monitor outside lighting conditions. The ambient light sensor provides a voltage signal that will vary between 0.2 and 4.9 V depending on outside lighting conditions. The body control module (BCM) provides a 5 V reference signal to the ambient light sensor and the HVAC control module provides a low reference ground. The BCM monitors the ambient light sensor signal circuit to determine if outside lighting conditions are correct for either daytime running lamps or automatic lamp control when the headlamp switch is in the AUTO position. In daylight conditions the BCM will command the designated daytime running lamps ON. During low light conditions the BCM will command the low beam headlamps ON. Any function or condition that turns on the headlamps will cancel daytime running lamps operation.
Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician