Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

We can't find the batterry. I'm not with my car which is in…

Customer Question
We can't find the...

We can't find the batterry

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I'm not with my car which is in Cape Town. My wife is with the AA man and we've agreed the car needs a new battery. They have looked under the cover in the engine compartment (just behind the front left headlamp) but they say it's not there ...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2012 Citroen C5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

As I have explained. I am in JHB, my wife has my car in Cape Town and is with a man from the AA. They are trying to replace the battery as we speak.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know. All he wants to know is where the battery is

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Car
12/30/2017
Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

The battery is located under hood driver side front close to the radiator

click on the video link and tell me if this your car ?

did they check under-hood location under the cover driver side front ,close to front drive headlamp .?

that is where it should be located ?

are you sure on the year 2012 ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfwiT_HGbf0

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

if it is not under bonnet , let them look behind the side panel cover inside the car ?

the side panel on the dashboard

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician