Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I bought a 2013 Cruze that was rear ended, this happen 6…

Customer Question
I bought a 2013...

I bought a 2013 Cruze that was rear ended, this happen 6 months ago after the car is fixed, it cranks the engine but it will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

Yes it has approximate 1/4 of tank, I have not check the spark plugs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cruze yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't try nothing, just installed a new batery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I understand that after a car gets rear ended, there might be a switch to protect the engine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
12/30/2017
Auto Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This does not have a safety switch, you will need to start by checking spark and fuel. A quick test is to see if it runs on starting fluid if not problem is spark or compression. If it does then problem is fuel pressure or injector pulse. Let me know and we can go from there, thanks.

Dan,
I will try this information and will inform you,
I have a great confidence in you.
Thank you so much
Ciro

No problem, keep me updated. Thanks.

Dan,
Let me try the information you gave me, if it doesn't work, i will have more information to give you.
Thanks
Ciro

Sounds good, thanks.