Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 99 Bentley Arnage and the seatbelt was pulled out…

Customer Question
I have a 99...

I have a 99 Bentley Arnage and the seatbelt was pulled out all the way and won't got back in. How do I fix this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Arnage yourself? What have you tried so far?

Is there an opening panel where I can get to the seatbelt area?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car
12/29/2017
Auto Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to help you with this today.

There are two things that could have happened, either the seatbelt lock has become stuck, or the pretensioner has failed. Usually when this happens you will need a new belt assembly. To gain access you need to remove the plastic trim panels on the floor, as well as the panel that covers the seatbelt, then there should be 2 bolts holding it in place. Let me know if you have any more questions about it :)

Is there a diagram that includes these details specifically for the Bentley Arnage?

There are diagrams for it but unfortunately they are exclusive to Bentley certified repair centers, unless you order the specific repair manual for the car