Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2013 toyata senia, today I installed snow wheel…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a 2013 toyata senia, today I installed snow wheel chain, when I took the chain off and drive, the abs and slip lights are both on, is there any problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Both abs and ani-slip lights are on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Toyota?

Toyata sennia

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not done anything, it is toyata sienna 7 seater

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No it should be fine, just these two lights are keeping on when I drive after taken the wheel chain off

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/26/2017
Auto Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 3 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an Automotive Technician for over 15 years.

Did you have chains on all 4 wheels? also is there any chance that wiring to the abs sensors near the wheels could have been damaged?

Only for the two front wheels,
Auto Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 3 months ago
That may have been the problem with the chains only on the front wheels. May have interfered with the wheel speed sensor signals.Are you able to have the abs system scanned to find out which codes may be stored in the system?
Auto Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 3 months ago
Hello, do you still require assistance with your problem? Also, can you please rate my services today, Your honest feedback is appreciated.If you dont feel like I deserve a 5 star rating please let me know if there is anything else I can do before ratingNelson
nelson freitas
nelson freitas
nelson freitas