Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 1995 Jag VDP. I just replaced the fuel injectors to…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have a...
Second opinion] I have a 1995 Jag VDP. I just replaced the fuel injectors to remedy a minor stumble at idle (106000 miles). Like an idiot I forgot to connect an electrical plug before starting the car and now have a check engine light. After a test drive, the car now seems to run fine, but after disconnecting the battery and reconnecting, the check engine light stays on. How can I reset it to find out if I still have a problem?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car
12/24/2017
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You do still have a problem. Disconnecting the battery would have cleared any stored fault codes. If the light came back on after a battery disconnect it's because an active failure is present. If you don't see anything that was damaged or left unplugged then you'll need to start by using a scan tool to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there based on what is found.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.