Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have o remove a leaking heater core on my 2003 GMC sierra…

Customer Question
I have o remove a...
I have o remove a leaking heater core on my 2003 GMC sierra 2500 hd 6.0 litre gas truck, can I get some instructions on how to do that please.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
12/23/2017
Auto Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an Automotive Technician for over 15 years.

I can help you find instructions for that as well as provide any assistance while you are completing the installation.

I will find some instructions for you and attach them to the next message.

Auto Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago

I was just thinking, before I send you these instructions do have any way to drain and refill the refrigerant from the air conditioning system?

I do not believe I need to do this for the heater core do I ?
Auto Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago

yes in order to replace the heater core you need to remove the dash board and then remove the HVAC unit that is behind the dash. You will then be able to open up the HVAC unit and replace the heater core that is inside.

Auto Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago

Hello, do you still require assistance with your problem?

Also, can you please rate my services today, Your honest feedback is appreciated.If you dont feel like I deserve a 5 star rating please let me know if there is anything else I can do before ratingNelson
Can you send me some diagrams
Auto Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago

Certainly, is there anything in particular? or all that I can find on how to remove the heater core?

basically the complete guide I will Do what so can before taking it to the shop for a.c. discharge
Auto Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago

ok, I will locate all that I can and send it all to you later tonight if thats ok with you.

Also I would suggest taking it to the shop and have the A/C system discharged before you start.

Auto Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago

Sorry I was unable to send the information last night as the JustAnswer website was down.

Here are the instructions on how to remove the HVAC unit and also the instrument panel.

If you need anything else let me know and I will try to get you any information you need as soon as possible.

nelson freitas
nelson freitas
nelson freitas