Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My 06 g vitara Connor start but i remake no check engine…

Customer Question
My 06 g vitara...

My 06 g vitara Connor start but i remake no check engine light when I swith on the ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Normally I should see the check engine when I on my ignition ,I don't see that light and no spark on my plug

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Vitara yourself? What have you tried so far?

I 'm a technician and tro to fix it my selft

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My big problem is my check engine light never on with ignition for me the ECM loss some power and wen I scanned no fault code

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car
When I have my response about my question
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/21/2017
Auto Mechanic: FixItMan, Master Technician replied 6 months ago
FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Hello my name is***** most common cause of this on your vehicle is a bad ignition switch. It fails internally and causes this. It more than likely needs to be replaced. It can also be a failing relay but that is not as common. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further help.
I'm not sure is the ignition sw because my first tes I check the in and out for all power all are ok.i check the theft system is ok .i buy the electrical diagram and I check all power from the ignition pass the main relay to Thes components all are good.My big problem is the check engine light ,normally when I swith on the ignition sw the check light supose to be on but is not.from that I understand that my ECM loss some power.I open the dash board and remark he have oly 8 wires .from that I understand the light is operating by can bus system.This morning is the check I have to do
I am in haiti now you thinks it will be good. Please let me know
My phone number is *****
You will need to check the power to the ECM to see if it is getting power. If it is then the ECM is bad.
I'm waiting for your respond about my last explication and question , pease I'm waiting for you
I. Change the ECM the problem still tell me watt I have to do
I'm not satisfy yet please tell me watt I have to do
Please you can't help let me know and I will contact Oder technicians
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

As mentioned by the first expert which you opted out, it appears that the powertrain control module is not operable.A scan tool needs to be used to confirm it is not communicating. If not and fuses are good then it's powers and grounds need to be tested, and if ok then the module will need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I'm still not satisfy even I change the ECU I never get my check engine light on so if the technician can't help me please give me other on because every day I work and want the problem to be solve. Please help me to close this case
I can't understand that my problem is not solve yet and the technician collect the money on my account please put back my money and we continue to work together .

Proper testing will need to be done to determine what is wrong. Was no testing performed?