Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2003 Range Rover that will not start during cold…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 Range Rover that will not start during cold day. The battery is good but when you turn the key to start nothing happens

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Park

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I usually just wait till it warms up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Once the weather warms up I have no problem starting

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
12/18/2017
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you hear any noises inside the vehicle or in the engine area like any clicking at all when it will not start?

Do the dash lights light up like normal when it will not start?

Let me know,thanks Pete

all the dash light light up it makes a wiring sound on the divers side which I assume its the steering tilt motor but other than that nothing

Does the steering wheel turn when this happens or does it feel locked?

Thanks for your responses but I believe this is borderline scam. they charged me $30.00 just to get a non answer and now you want $26.00 more to continue the conversation. This is my first time using this service but won't make this mistake again

I apologize if you think this may be a scam.I can assure you this is not a scam.I haven't posted an answer yet on the problem here.I was needing some more info on if the steering wheel turns at all or feels locked with this issue.There are certain components that can cause this issue so I am trying to eliminate the possibilities to help pinpoint the cause.If you would like we can continue here or I can even call you.I don't want you to feel this is a scam in any way and would love to help on this.

Thanks Pete

I paid $30 dollars, which was supposed to be a $5 deposit, to have you ask me more questions rather than supply answers and on top of that you request an additional $26 dollars so you can provide an answer. If thats not a scam what would you thing if you were me

I understand your frustration.The additional offer you saw was an automated offer I have no control over as well as any of the fees here.I am here to try and help with your question and I do apologize for that.I wish they made it easier for customers to understand what they are asking.If I were you, I probably would have thought it was a scam as well being a first time customer.But I would like to help here if you still want help on this.No need to accept the additional service they had offered you as we can continue here.Let me know if you would like to continue.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

no thanks I'll figure it out on my own

O.k.,if you do need anything though let me know.

Thanks Pete

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician