Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

How does this service work what are the charges if you are…

Customer Question
How does this service...

How does this service work what are the charges if you are able to help and what if you cant

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Are you a robot and not a person?

Mechanic's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the mechanic more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to know how your serivce works first

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

You did not answer my question

Mechanic's Assistant: Sorry. Please ask it again.

How does your service work how much does it cost

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
i have a 2002 chevrolet camaro 3.8 8th digit vin (k) and the new oil pump is not pumping oil
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/17/2017
Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

why was new oil pump installed , low oil pressure light is on ?

did you check the oil galleys, do you some pressure or zero pressure ?

di you go back and check installation , o ring and tube in place

its a long story can we talk on the phone?
ok let me type you then i dont want to pay 26 extra for that

i m not able to place call now ,but requested on the screen and other expet will picked up but call not necessary here and will cost more money

did you install an oil pressure gauge and checked ,any readings ?

did you get my first part of a response
i have attached the problem questions please ask
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be a factor here.

I ssee that you drove the vehicle with low or no oil pressure initially before the engine locked up. Any time the oil light is on with the engine running it means pressure is dangerously low and damage is being done. The rod bearings would be the first to be damaged, the upper end, then main bearings and the crankshaft.

When the oil pump failed it would have pushed debris into the engine.

I question whether the engine was truly disassembled enough to thoroughly inspect the rod bearings and crankshaft. I believe this is a factor in the lack of oil pressure now, and debris from when the pump failed would have also been pushed into the passages in the engine. It's possible that you have an issue with the replacement parts or their installation, but I believe there is deeper engine damage that wasn't found.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.