Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Do you have experience with Range Rovers? Specifically the…

Customer Question
Do you have experience...

Do you have experience with Range Rovers? Specifically the L322 2008 Supercharged model?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

See above I already stated

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need someone with specific knowledge of Range Rovers. The 2008 full size 4.2 SC.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If the know the Suv they will know the answer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
12/17/2017
Auto Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. How my I help you? What is your question?

Codes
P0301 cyclinder 1 misfire
P0302 cyclinder 2 misfire
P0307 cyclinder 7 misfire
P0??? Cyclinder 3 misfire
P0300 random cyclinder misfire
P0316 misfire detected 1sr 1,000
U0167 Last com w/vehicle imobilizer contrl mod
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that can cause misfiring and it's going to require some diagnostics to determine exactly what is going on. Misfires are very often caused by ignition issues but it could also be a fuel delivery or quality issue, inaccurate sensors, injectors, even an internal engine issue.

Has anything been done to try to diagnose it?

I replaced the plugs about 6 months ago. Everything has been fine. While passing on the interstate under hard acceleration the check engine light came in and “reduced performance” appeared on the dash. I hooked up the scanner and pulled the codes I sent you. Also, I doubt it is bad fuel as I filled up the day before and had driven about 100 miles with no issue and it seems to be an issue with the cylinders on the right side as you face the truck. I am also wondering if it could be a a cam shaft sensor or could have jumped timing.

Do you feel it running very poorly?

Is there any abnormal engine noise?

Rough idle. The ECU has it in what I would call limp mode.

Is there any abnormal engine noise?

Auto Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 7 months ago
Cary York
Phone call session started