Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

No fire no fuel. Want start no fire no fuel. 2000 range

Customer Question
No fire no fuel ...

No fire no fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Want start no fire no fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2000 range rover hse 4.6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

Computer under passenger seat and ignition

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Car
12/17/2017
Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 2 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

CKP sensor , Crankshaft position sensor if bad will cut off spark and fuel ,since ecu can not see if engine is in Time or not

common issue , now you can verify if have scope to see ckp signal ,since there is no power on it ,it creates a signal when engine spin and that is how ecu knows .

now if no scope ,replace it , 90% of times that is the issue .located between engine and transmission and pick up the signal from flywheel

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

I have done replaced cps
Cps,like camshaft postion sensor you mean or you meant CKP you already replaced
I will opt of your question and open it for other experts to assist further on it ,sorry that is all I know on it .
Just don’t not reply back to me since it will lock question back to me and other experts want see it to assist you further on it
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be going on and it will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong.

When you say 'no fuel' do you mean that the fuel pump will not run?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician