Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Well, it over heated, replaced radiator then smoke came out,

Customer Question
Well, it over heated...

Well, it over heated, replaced radiator then white smoke came out, got that cleared out changed bank 1 O2 sensor and now it is over heating again and the check engine light is still on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Both

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2007 Suzuki Forenza I am trying everything. just sent my hubby to get a new thermostat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forenza yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had a clinton's auto do the radiator, did the O2 sensor myself now i am bout to so the thermostat myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There was white smoke after I replaced the radiator but that is gone. car is just over heating. light blinks, then stays steady

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
12/15/2017
Auto Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

how quickly does the engine overheat from cold start?

bout 20 to 30 mins
this is the first time that i drove 45 mins and the car got to almost the red line on the temp gauge in the car

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

other than the thermostat, the water pump or improperly vented cooling system are potential causes for this.

however, it is also very possible that the head gasket blew, so I would advise carrying out a test for this as a next step before throwing more parts at the vehicle

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.