Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2003 eclipse 6 cylinder lower oil pan needs to be replaced.

2003 eclipse 6 cylinder...

2003 eclipse 6 cylinder lower oil pan needs to be replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Last weekend

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ummm. ..need torque specs and bolt size....also is a gasket better than the sealant that was original

12/15/2017
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Okay
Thanks Roy

ok,, the bolts are 10mm bolts.

the lower pan is easy to remove. nothing in the way. be careful after the bolts are out not to pry on the pan for removal. use a block of wood and hammer to release the lower pan.

use sealant. gray RTV is the best to use. gaskets will split with the expansion and contraction of the metals.

the torque is 10 lbs or 120 inch lbs.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

How many bolts and do you have a diagram of the sequence?
that is the lower pan for the 3.0 6 cylinder? Also when I use the sealant is there a wait period before adding oil? Thanks again

yes it is.

no there is not.

your welcome

Roy

Roy

Okay.....I hope, lol......i work 60 hours a week late second shift so don't have a lot of time. The replacement part came with a gasket, should I use them both? The sealant and gasket, or just sealant?

no, use one or the other but not both. if you are using a new pan and it came with a gasket, then use the gasket

Roy

Awesome, last question Roy and I'm out of your hair......i won't be able to do this until Saturday at the earliest.....if I run into problems....like the pics u sent for sequence don't match or whatever can I contact you for the right info? Without being charged? Or so I hold off on rating answers until I know? What's the etiquette I guess I'm aaking

once you rate, the question stays open as long as you wish and stays locked to me. nothing extra in money at all.

otherwise it will time out and we will loose each other.

Roy

Okay awesome

Roy

Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

thank you

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest