Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Gl450 blows o ring on oil filter after idling. I just bought…

Gl450 blows o ring...

Gl450 blows o ring on oil filter after idling

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

I just bought couple of months ago. Im not sure

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

I know the man that owned the car. So I'm assuming it was changed according.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we went to Autozone and bought a filter and oil. We change to oil and the car idles and then the o ring blows out at the top.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We thought it was the filter so we went to Advanced and bought the same filter and it did the same thing.

We put 5w30 Moblie 1 full synthetic it calls for 9 quarts.
12/15/2017
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing question now....

any recent repairs??

what filter was installed??

Mobile 1

any recent repairs??

Both stores gave me the same filter.
The first filter looked different from the second filter first on had a felt like end not plastic
The box they came in had the same number for this filter I looked it up on line and it also showed the same filter. But the first filter looked different on the both ends of it it was a felt like stuff instead of being hard on the end
Are you still there?

yes

No repairs we were told about.
I've only had the car a couple of months.

what part number is ***** filter they gave you??

what year is the vehicle??

Gl450 all wheel drive. 2012 It was a mobile 1 filter M1c-253

im reviewing now??

return the mobile filter and buy an OEM part. or

bosch, fram

A Nissan dealership had been changing the oil. They used a wii filter which had some sort of spiral going around it. We are going to try this filter tomorrow as it is to late to night. Was just wondering what could be wrong could it be the filter?
Wix filter

the filter can have too much of the filtering and presseure builds up

wix is fine

bosch is even better.

but if it was using a wix and it did fine use that one. remember that bosch is an oem replacement

there is nothing major wrong with the vehicle.

try the other filter first.

if it does the same thing then there is an internal problem. i would suspect the oil regulator in the oil pump, but lets narrow out the filter.

Could you explain exactly how much time I have paid for? Can I contact you tomorrow if I need to.

no worries it doesnt go by time. you can contact me anytime. no extra charge. please remember to rate me on my services thank you happy holidays

Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez