Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

The KEY indicator light blinks after the car is turned off.

The KEY indicator light...

The KEY indicator light blinks green after the car is turned off. Never did that before

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Park

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2016 mazda 6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet. Just trying to figure out what is wrong.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just started this morning after shutting off the car. I've driven it several times this morning and it continues to flash after the car is turned off.

12/14/2017
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to help you get this figured out.

Does the light keep the same color and flashing speed when the car is locked and unlocked?

but it does go out in about 10 to 15 seconds.

Okay great, if it goes out after the vehicle is locked then it is operating correctly. When it stays flashing it is to notify that the theft system is engaged. If it flashed constantly when locked then there would be an issue

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician
Please do not send text messages, I don't have that service. email on phone call only
Phone call session started

Okay not a problem, I will give you a call and we can also stay in this chat thread here, there should be no need for text messaging :)

you know what why don't we cancel this whole thing and I will call the local Mazada dealer.

Not a problem. I will submit this to the moderator and they will cancel and delete your card info. Have a great night