Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I’m throwing you way back on this on 1985 benz sl280

Michael I’m throwing you way...
Michael I’m throwing you way back on this on 1985 benz sl280 customer install his own rear calipers and used a vacuum pump to bleed rear brakes abs valve shoot down so now there’s no fluid coming out of the rear caliper I don’t have a scan tool for something this old and thing on your magic ball that can help me like prob the abs valve open if so what wires any help would be great thanks
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Does his brake go to the floor? what seems to be the issue?

The pedal hard and wen he try’s to bleed it he has some one pumping and nothing very little fluid you know how this car have a abs valve that shout the rear brakes wen there not bleed properly if I step on the brakes rear wheel still spin
Like the early chevy truck wen the abs valve would close back wheels and a bleeder was needed to force valve open

I see, I really hate old school because they hardly come around the shop. Does the ABS module have the SP bleeder valve?

No not this one it’s a old Bosch with the brake lines and the module that open the valve little motor if u will do u show a diagram on the abs pump on that car if so witch wire open that valve so I can prob it or a bleeding procedure
I hate older Benz if it was a newer one scan tool got this lol

Do you have a vin?

No do I need one
You

I may need to because my magic 8 ball does not offer me a 85 sl280 lol

Shit lol 380SL lol sorry

Its showing me there is a SP port on the control unit.

Bleeding Sequence:

• Right Rear (1)
  • Left Rear (2)
  • Right Front (3)
  • Left Front (4)

Bleed Procedure:

Special/OEM Procedures

• Release brake pedal slowly when manually bleeding. When pressure bleeding, bleed the wheel brake first. Then start the engine and bleed port "SP" on control unit with engine running.
  • If hydraulic pump comes on, turn engine off and then restart it and continue bleeding.

Let me look more into it

Bud I am pretty limited using one of my softwares, I will have to get back to you tomorrow on my other software that I have on my laptop

Does it show we’re the bleeder port is I didn’t see one on the abs unit
Ok no problem thanks Michael for your help

Not this software, maybe my other one I have on my laptop will. Ill definitely look into it tomorrow for you, I am sure its there somewhere

Ok thanks bud sorry to bother u on this crap have a good night

No need to apologize! You are not bothering me :). Have a good night talk to you tomorrow

Michael would you have any way of knowing on the mastercylinder wich line for the rear brakes I have a idea lol
I’ll look into it will need a couple of hours though :/
That’s fine thank u bud
Ok :)
Haven’t forgot about you it has been a crazy day today will get back to you this evening
Don’t worry bud take your time car not going any were till I’m done right lol
True that

Ok so I used two softwares so far, nothing on this old car. I have one more that is used for classic cars that I will need to look into & they are all books lol. I got plenty of manuals I am sure I have this one there. I can look into it tomorrow and then I have one other software to look into. I will definitley make time for you tomorrow. If you have not heard from me by 11-12 pm central shoot me a message.

Take your time buddy don’t rush he left today on Christmas vacation won’t be back for 3 weeks

Sounds good!! Old cars grrr.

I know I thank you for putting your time into this thing lol have a good night I luv my Solus by the way I like the fact I can’t record the old date wen I fix it I can match it’s the best man money well spent
Data

Explain more please :)

Well on my Solus edge I can record the old data like today on a 2001 Toyota Highlander 3.0 I had a Bank one fuel radio sensor I recorded the data came back later got back on that job look up my old recording wen it was at close loop

I see!!!!

YES! that is a great feature.

much better them my old scan tool with my old one I could not record at all so I had a lot of lost time in back tracking

That sucks and it is true. You seem real smart, You should definitely start learning how to use a scope, I love mine :). You rarely have to use it, but when you do its such a time saver. I can save more than an hour with a touch of a scope :).

Oh MY... GOODNESS!!!cwefsdhgkl. Lol, that is my dream goal. The best thing to have for sure!! There is no limit to the possibilities and the multiple things you can do at once. Maybe if I become rich with bitcoins I can buy one lol JK. Aside from jokes, that thing kicks butt. I do not even know all the capabilities it has

Yea a tranny shop bought it I think kind of a wast just for tranny’s but what do I know I would think a engine shop would really put it to good use

Plain and simple its going to diagnose your issues as long as you know how to use it.

For sure ok my friend I will let u get some rest thank you for ur help good night
Night bud

I found some useful information for you will get back to you this evening

Ok buddy thank you
Yup

Had no time last night will try this afternoon or this evening for sure

No problem bud have a good day and it’s weekend I have this car for 3 weeks so no rush thank for all your help

Ok

Good morning Michael quick question what scope do you have I have some extra money after Christmas shopping and I like to get one thanks buddy

I want to say its this one I think.

https://www.ebay.com/i/253280458588?chn=ps

Im trying to upload you some photos but the pictures files are too large working on that now.

This will work perfect thank you Michael

No problem, sorry for the delay bud. That is the scope I have, LOVE IT. It basically tells you what to do and gives you a diagram that is suppose to look like. There is one thing. If you want a wave pattern to check timing, it does not give you that. Maybe that expensive fancy one you showed me before does.

No I’m going with yours I only have $2700 dollars save for me for Christmas lol your will more then do for what I need it for thank you buddy I’m going to order one
That amp meter on the link I have also, you can put it on the battery cable and crank engine to check compression :)
That cool I like that

Look up scannerdanner on youtube, he has so many good details to give you advance diagnosing using a scope. He really is awesome.

Mike, Auto Mechanic
Ok thanks Michael I look him up and watch his videos and thank you for the help on the Benz have a good evening buddy
Same to you ;)