Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I a 2007 Mini S manual trans 97,000 miles w EML light coming…

Customer Question
I a 2007 Mini...

I a 2007 Mini Cooper S manual trans 97,000 miles w EML light coming on after driving for about 5 min and the service engine light is coming on showing trouble code p1498. The car still drives great and it’s been happening for a while. The only reason I’m checking it out now is bc I’m trying to sell it and want my buyers to know what’s going on. So, what’s going on?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

P1498 I took it to Autozone

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t tried anything to fix this problem. I need to know if it’s serious and needs to be fixed or if the car can run without fixing it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t believe so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Car
12/12/2017
Auto Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 5 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen years of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

One common problem is a cracked air intake tube, TSB link here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx371lxbazyf81x/air%20intak.pdf?dl=0

Let me know if this helps :).

Auto Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 5 months ago

If you have a moment, please leave me a rating so I can receive credit for the answer, it would mean so much to me :). We can still continue even after rating the question.

Michael Solis
Michael Solis
Michael Solis