Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a viper 7756v alarm/remote start. Everything works…

Customer Question
I have a viper...

I have a viper 7756v alarm/remote start. Everything works fine except the remote start suddenly stop working. I can't arm it and the lights flash 7 times

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The dash lights and tail lights. They just blink 7 times. Nothing stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Viper?

I just got it earlier this year

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Viper yourself? What have you tried so far?

The only people that will work on it around where I live is Best Buy and I have had nothing but bad experiences with them before. The people who installed the alarm are very good at what they do but they are in Connecticut and I just recently moved to South Carolina. The only thing I tried to do is take it out of MTS mode. I Googled the seven flashes and it came up that there was something going on with the MTS

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. That's pretty much it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car
12/12/2017
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the check engine light or any other warning light has come on in your vehicle with this issue here in some cases this can disable the remote start function.The fault codes would need to be read out with a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set and then any codes set diagnosed and repaired.If no lights have come on let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thanks for responding. But there are no lights on the dash. No check engine or maintenance lights or anything of the sort.

Your welcome

Unfortunately, my info is limited on the system installed in your model.I will have to open your question up to others here to see if anyone else can help further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete