Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

1993 navastar engine new? knocks when it warms up? Manual.

Customer Question
1993 navastar engine new...

1993 navastar engine new? knocks when it warms up?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Manual

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

1993 navustar Intern. diesel trubo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

New engine new heads, found cracks, new lifters, oil pump injector pump, new rockers push rods, lift pump, new water pump, should be new now!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it! thank you.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car
12/11/2017
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models, the harmonic balancer/crank pulley can cause this type of noise and issue here.If this was not checked for any wear or damaged to it this needs to be done.If this is or was checked already and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?